Ongoing transport projects improving
There are a number of transport projects already underway or being planned to support the expected growth in South Auckland. The proposed FTN bus network will support these projects:
- Drury Arterials - Notices of Requirement lodged by Te Tupu Ngātahi.
- Papakura ki Pukekura - Papakura to Bombay (P2P) - part of a longer-term strategic transport network being investigated and delivered to support growth in South Auckland.
- SH22/SH1 Drury to Paerata - detailed design is underway, investigating improvements road safety on SH22 between the Drury turn off from SH1 and Paerata township.
- Three new rail stations in Drury, integrating with the P2P project. More information can be found here.
- Auckland Transport and KiwiRail are also bringing electric trains to Pukekohe, with work currently underway.
- Takaanini Level Crossing Project
- Future transport networks in Pukekohe, Paerata and south Drury
- Mill Road
- Drury Arterial designations
South Indicative Strategic Transport Network
Te Tupu Ngātahi investigated an indicative strategic transport network for South Auckland in 2018. It was approved by the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency and Auckland Transport boards in 2019, confirming the need for investigations into 16 detailed business cases. The proposed South Frequent Transit Network (Great South Road and Takaanini) are both part of this broader strategic network.
You can view map of this network below or download a copy here.